The Pet's Bill of Rights
1. We have the right to be full members of your family. We
thrive on social interaction, praise, and love.
2. We have the right to stimulation. We need new games,
new toys, new experiences, and new smells to be happy.
3. We have the right to regular exercise. Without it, we
could become hyper, sluggish...or fat.
4. We have the right to have fun. We enjoy acting like
clowns now and then; don't expect us to be predictable
all the time.
5. We have the right to quality health care. Please stay
good friends with our vet!
6. We have the right to a good diet. Like some people,
we don't know what's best for us. We depend on you.
7. We have the right not to be rejected because of your
expectations that we be great show dogs or show cats,
watchdogs, hunters, or baby-sitters.
8. We have the right to receive proper training.
Otherwise, our good relationship could be marred
by confusion and strife - and we could become dangerous
to ourselves and others.
9. We have the right to guidance and correction based on
understanding and compassion, rather than abuse.
10. We have the right to live with dignity...and to die with
dignity when the time comes.
~ Author Unknown ~